Minutes of Meeting on 10/26/16 at 6:00pm
Minutes for the second meeting of Semester 1, 2016-17.
Viktorija Lukosiute, Erin Pigeon, Qais Patankar, Aw Qingzhuo, Martynas Grigonis, Josh Green
- They may be lenient about us using Octocat
- GH is running an experiment - tech community training people to get GH to help our community
- Suggestions needed for pretty things to say
- What happens if there are disagreements? Are these documented? Erin will check the constitution
- 2nd semester - give us octocat stickers!
- Fresher’s input. Hoodie design competition? Must be safe for work. Back of the hoodies, quirky.. geeky?
- Post on Facebook or send to our email
- Can we do something to get people hyped?
- Winner gets a free hoodie!
- Get HackSig people (deadline: November 19th)
- Microsoft: room booked from 6 to 9pm, 3rd November
- STMU - Aw:
- Sumdog & King have been spoken to
- Microsoft is in touch
- Google Hash Code is on 23rd February 2017
- ILW is Feb 20-24
- We are not registered yet! First waiting for a response from Hoppers
- What about the Smart Data Hack?
- Wednesday engineer’s fair - ReactJS from 1 till half 3 - with Lunch!
- Christmas 🎄
Christmas dinner / Ceilidh: too expensive
- Secret santa?
- Informatics ball? -> InfBall (2nd semester, “not a compulsory black tie ball”)
- Pub crawl? -> Christmas music with christmassy snacks (how would this work in a crawl?)
- Christmas quiz? -> Teviot. Microphones need to be sorted out.