During this month’s STMU (6pm, 21st March) we will be holding our AGM, and this means we need a new committee!
The positions available are as follows:
- Should be someone with lots of free time (2nd years or 5th year students)
- Responsible for the overall conduct of the society.
- Oversees working with our SIGs (Special Interest Groups).
- Organises monthly STMUs (this involves pizza procurement and finding speakers).
- Helps the President with everything.
- Writes newsletters, handles social media, the annual report and minutes during meetings.
- Also responsible for society apparel such as hoodies.
- Knowing LaTeX is ideal but not necessary.
- Nags people to get things done.
- In charge of finances
- Reimburses society members for expenses.
- 2nd year, 3rd year, Final year, Postgraduate and Old Person representatives
- Responsible for communication between their years and the Society, and promotes events to their year.
- Run for the year you will be in next year.
- Year reps are also responsible for a particular project to work on throughout the year.
- (Our 1st year rep is elected at our EGM in October.)
- Technical Secretary:
- Maintains technical services and in charge of technical setup for events.
- Manages the tech subcommittee.
- Experience with server management is recommended.
- Social Secretary:
- Plans and organises our social events i.e. our pub nights, bowling, etc.
- Also books venues for our social events.
- Sets up and heads the committee to organise the ball.
- Hackathon Secretary:
- In charge of the HackSIG subcommittee.
- Organises hackathons throughout the year.
- Finds suitable hackathons the society can attend and organises those events.
- Limited to previous team members of Hack the Burgh.
What you need to do:
- Send [email protected] your manifesto (max 200 words) by Tuesday 3pm 20th March 2018 (was Sunday, now Tuesday).
- Make sure you have CompSoc membership. You cannot run for election without membership.
- Prepare your speech. Length is 2 minutes for executive roles (Pres, VP, Secretary, Treasurer) and 1 minute for the other roles.
There are also constitutional amendments, some required by EUSA, which can be found here: https://github.com/compsoc-edinburgh/constitution/pulls.
See you soon,
CompSoc <3 You!