During our last STMU of the year (6pm, 11th March) we will be holding our AGM, and this means we need a new committee!
The positions available are as follows:
- Responsible for the overall conduct of the society.
- Willing to dedicate a lot of time.
- Organises monthly STMUs (including sponsor seeking and food & drinks).
- Oversees working with our SIGs (Special Interest Groups).
- Helps the society with everything.
- Responsible for the administration of the society
- Publicising events by newsletters, social media etc
- Writing minutes & preparing agendas for AGM, EGM, and weekly meetings
- Society merches
- Accountable to the committee and members for the finances of the society
- Reimburses society members for expenses
- Writing annual financial report
- 2nd year, 3rd year, Final year, Postgraduate and Old Person representatives
- Responsible for communication between their years and the Society, and promotes events to their year.
- Year reps are also responsible for any projects they take up throughout the year.
- (Note that 1st year rep is elected at our EGM in October.)
- Technical Secretary:
- Maintains technical services and in charge of technical setup for events.
- Experience with server management is recommended.
- Social Secretary:
- Plans and organises our social events i.e. our pub nights, bowling, etc.
- Sets up and heads the committee to organise the ball.
- Graphic Designer:
- Responsible for the creation of art, logos, and other designs required by the society for events, merchandise, and other promotional material.
Running for a position?
- Send [email protected] your manifesto (PDF of max 200 words) by Friday 4pm 6th March 2020 specifying your full name and the role in the title.
- Make sure you have CompSoc membership. You cannot run or vote for election without membership.
- Prepare your speech. Length is 2 minutes for executive roles (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer) and 1 minute for the other roles.
There will also be votes for any constitutional amendments required by EUSA. Visit the GitHub Repository for the constitution to propose or to see proposed changes
CompSoc <3 You!