During our last STMU of the year (6pm, 2nd April) we will be holding our AGM, and this means we need a new committee!
The positions available are as follows:
- Responsible for the overall conduct of the society.
- Willing to dedicate a lot of time.
- Organises monthly STMUs and other miscellaneous events with our sponsors.
- Oversees working with our SIGs (Special Interest Groups).
- Helps the society with everything.
- Responsible for the administration of the society
- Publicising events by newsletters, social media etc
- Writing minutes & preparing agendas for AGM, EGM, and weekly meetings
- Society merches
- Accountable to the committee and members for the finances of the society
- Reimburses society members for expenses
- Writing annual financial report
- 2nd year, 3rd year, Final year, Postgraduate and Old Person representatives
- Responsible for communication between their years and the Society, and promotes events to their year.
- Year reps are also responsible for any projects they take up throughout the year.
- (Note that 1st year rep is elected at our EGM in October.)
- Technical Secretary:
- Maintains technical services and in charge of technical setup for events.
- Experience with server management is recommended.
- Social Secretary:
- Plans and organises our social events i.e. our pub nights, bowling, etc.
- Sets up and heads the committee to organise the ball.
- Graphic Designer:
- Responsible for the creation of art, logos, and other designs required by the society for events, merchandise, and other promotional material.
- EDI Officer:
- Ensures that the society respects EDI (Equality, Diversity, & Inclusion) practices.
Running for a position?
- Send [email protected] your manifesto (PDF of max 200 words) by Sunday 28th March 2021 specifying your full name and the role in the title.
- Prepare your speech. Length is 2 minutes for executive roles (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer) and 1 minute for the other roles.
There might also be votes for constitutional amendments. Visit the GitHub Repository for the constitution to propose or to see proposed changes.
CompSoc <3 You!