SIGCoin (Special Interest Group)
SIGCoin is a Special Interest Group of CompSoc, focusing on Blockchain & Cryptocurrency.
We aim to connect students, academics and professionals who are interested in the topics of blockchain technology, cryptocurrency trading, smart contracts and decentralized applications.
Our group brings together members from various backgrounds, in order to explore the potential of blockchain applications from societal, technical and financial perspectives.
- Raise awareness on the impact of blockchain applications and discuss innovations in the field.
- Introduce the technology that drives blockchain systems, distributed ledgers and cryptocurrencies.
- Explore the cryptocurrency market and provide strategies for building a trading portfolio.
- Lectures featuring academics and professionals with expertise in the field.
- Informal meetups where every member can share their personal stories.
- Technical workshops devoted to blockchain applications (e.g. DApps).
- Financial seminars discussing cryptocurrency trading strategies.
You can find more information and upcoming events on
our Facebook page.
More information about Special Interest Groups can be found on the main SIG page.